Maintaining your health and wellness is a crucial part to living a fulfilling, healthy life. NCA is proud to partner with Life Line Screening to provide our members an additional supplement to their regular health care. As we know, this course will be different for every individual, therefore Life Line Screening works to ensure each person is offered the screenings and reviews that are most beneficial and appropriate to their needs.
Learn more about 5 common preventative health screenings available through Life Line Screening:
1. Stroke Screening. Strokes occurs when blood flow to the brain is stopped, therefore causing brain cells to die. We offer preventative stroke screenings for blood clots and plaque build up that cause the strokes. The 5 screenings offered are:
- Carotid Artery Disease Screening
- Atrial Fibrillation (irregular heartbeat) Screening
- Complete Lipid Panel Screening
- Glucose Screening
- C-reactive Protein Screening
2. Atrial Fibrillation Screening. Atrial Fibrillation is the most common type of heart arrhythmia (also known as an abnormal heartbeat), occurring when the heart’s upper chambers beat irregularly. When you do not have an effective heartbeat, your blood is therefore not pumped completely out of the atria, causing blood to possibly clot. When a clot happens, it can travel to other parts of the body and may result in stroke. Life Line Screening offers a non-invasive procedure detecting irregular heartbeats by attaching EKG electrodes above your wrists and ankles.
3.Osteoporosis Screening/Bone Density Test. Osteoporosis is a disease in which your bones become extremely fragile. Since bones are complex living tissues that can be weakened by a poor diet and lack of exercise, getting screened in crucial. Osteoporosis screenings are a painless procedure requiring you to place your foot in an ultrasound device called a bone densitometer which will measure the bone mineral density of your heel.
4. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening. An Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm is a condition in which the lining of the blood vessel is enlarged within the abdomen. This specific aneurysm poses as a threat due to remaining silent until a medical emergency occurs. Life Line Screening provides a painless, non-invasive ultrasound procedure.
5. Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening. Peripheral Arterial Disease, also known as hardening of the arteries, affects approximately eight million Americans. It is a condition in which the large and medium-sized arteries meant supply blood to the legs become narrow or clogged, therefore constricting the flow of blood. Through a quick and easy non-invasive procedure using ankle-brachial index.
Life Line Screening works to keep you and your loved ones happy and healthy through their preventative health screenings. Read about the many other services and screenings offered, and get on the road to better health!